This soup is high in vitamin C, pumpkin is also a great immune system builder for flu season!
CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
Makes 6 servings
3 tablespoons Earth Balance spread
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cups (500 g) pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 cup (50 g) Agave syrup
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
3 cups (720 ml) vegetable stock
1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine
3/4 cup water
1 - 6 oz. Chobani Plain Yogurt
1 cup (360 ml) almond milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
In a large pot, add the Earth Balance spread and melt over medium heat.
- Add the apples and onion. Cook until the onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin purée, curry, Agave and brown sugar, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and wine. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat to low, partially cover, and cook about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer half of the soup to a food processor or blender.
- Keep the remaining soup in the pot and set aside to cool.
- Let soup in food processor or blender sit for 10 minutes to cool, and then add plain Chobani yogurt and 3/4 cup water.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Transfer the remaining soup to the blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Return all the soup to the pan and cook gently over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Pour in the milk and stir until hot. Add the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds.