Below is my office policy for submission of claims to insurance companies:
· Being an “eligible” member with your insurance carrier DOES NOT guarantee payment for the services you receive at my office.
· Payment from your insurance company for services IS NOT guaranteed even if you have received my name from your insurance company as a provider “in-network”. It is the member's responsibility to pay any amount not covered by their insurance company for services provided.
· A physician referral DOES NOT guarantee payment for the services you receive at my office. A referral may be required from your carrier before you receive a service, however a referral DOES NOT determine your paid benefits.
· It is the member’s responsibility to manage their individual health care benefits. With all of the plans that are circulating there is no way for me to definitively know the limits of coverage for all plans.
· I am required to use a medical diagnosis provided by your primary care physician (PCP) or other treating physician so that I may bill your insurance. Registered dietitians CANNOT diagnose medical conditions under the legal guidelines of our scope of practice. I must rely on the diagnosis submitted from your PCP. Based upon this matter, and in order to submit your claim successfully, I may be asking you to obtain documentation of your diagnosis(es) from your PCP.
Lifestyle Management & Nutrition is a participating provider with several insurance carriers. If you have one of these insurance plans, I will submit your claim on your behalf and your payment responsibility will be limited to any applicable co-pay or coinsurance at the time of your session.
Please note that if your insurance carrier is not listed, PAYMENT FOR SERVICES IS DUE AT THE TIME OF YOUR SCHEDULED SESSION. I will gladly submit any claims on your behalf and any payments will be issued directly to you for reimbursement.
Lifestyle Management & Nutrition is a participating provider with the insurance carriers listed below:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
MVP (Individuals diagnosed with chronic conditions only per insurance policies)
United Health Care
Don't see your insurance company listed? Let me know of your interest in becoming a Lifestyle Nutrition client and I can look into becoming a participating provider with your insurance company!