- Decide that you are worth it!
- Make a list of all the reasons it is important for you...what do you want? when do you want it?
- Determine any challenges that you may be faced with during this journey and make plans for how you can overcome these challenges.
- Get with a coach or schedule an appointment to meet with a dietitian regularly to hold yourself accountable. The more accountability you implement, the more consistent you'll be in taking the necessary steps to achieve your goals.
- Commit to yourself!
- Remind yourself EVERY day of your goals. Read them OUT LOUD at least once per day
THE CLEARER THE WHY, THE HARDER YOU'LL TRY!
Understanding what you want and when you want it is the key to achieving success when it comes to weight loss and/or living a healthier lifestyle. Here's how to get started:
Alissa Robertson, MS, RD, Nutrition Specialist and Owner of Lifestyle Management & Nutrition, received her Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Vermont. Upon graduation in 2003 she spent four years providing nutrition education and counseling to local Vermonters. In 2007 she returned to the University of Vermont to complete a two-year Master's program in Dietetics and Nutrition. She is now practicing as a Registered Dietitian at Essex Physical Therapy located in Essex Center, Vermont.