1 large clove of garlic
1 small onion (I prefer red onion)
1 handful of kale or spinach
2 tbsp fresh basil
I can of black beans or chickpeas (approximately 2 cups)
1 cup raw almonds (I like to soak them overnight for easier digestion)
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1 cup grated zucchini
1 tbsp ground chia mixed with ¼ cup water
2 tbsp tamari sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a food processor, pulse garlic, onion, greens, basil, beans, and almonds. Remove and place in a large bowl. Stir in almond flour, salt and pepper, and zucchini.
3. In a small bowl, mix chia and water and let sit for two minutes. Stir in tamari sauce. Add wet ingredients to the large bowl and stir to combine. (It may be easier to use your hands for this part to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed)
4. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Remove from fridge and form into patties that are approximately 4 inches wide. Place on prepared cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Flip burgers after 15 minutes.
* Serve burgers with baked sweet potato fries and a crunchy pile of greens tossed with lemon and olive oil.
Makes 8-10 burgers