Make sure to drink water with your meals. This will help with digestion as well as the absorption of potassium.
HIGH POTASSIUM FOODS: (more than 225 milligrams per 1/2 c. serving)
- Soy nuts - They pack a whopping 510mg per 1/4 cup!
- All meats, poultry and fish are high in potassium.
- Apricots (fresh more so than canned)
- Lima beans
- Milk - Skim
- Oranges and 100% orange juice
- Vegetable juice – Low sodium
- Winter squash
- Yogurt – Non-fat Plain or Non-fat Greek Yogurt ex. Chobani or Brown Cow
MODERATE: (125 - 225 mg per serving)
- 100% Apple juice
- Green peas
- Loose-leaf lettuce
- Mushrooms, fresh
- Summer squash, including zucchini
Source: Potassium Intake, Stroke, and Cardiovascular Disease