2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in very thin rounds
1 leek, thinly sliced (just the lighter parts, not the dark green)
2 cups chopped mushrooms (about 10 mushrooms)
1 Tbsp. wheat-free tamari (or if you are okay wit
2 oz. fresh goat cheese
3 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
dash of salt, less than 1/4 tsp. (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10.5 in. pie pan with oil. Layer the slices of sweet potato in it as if it were a crust. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and then set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, spray a saute pan with oil. Over medium heat, saute the leeks for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tamari, and saute another 6-7 minutes, until the leeks are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked through. Spread this mixture over the sweet potatoes (once they've been baked).
- Cut up the goat cheese into little bits and layer it on top of the quiche.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, nutmeg, and black pepper (and salt if adding). Pour over the quiche evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
From The Daily Dietribe