Certain foods address the connection between inflammation and chronic conditions such as depression, chronic pain such as arthritis, IBS fibromyalgia, heart disease, diabetes and more!
Here are some examples:
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon has as many antioxidants as 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 tsp oregano has as many antioxidants as 3 cups fresh spinach
- Cinnamon (1 tsp) - 6956 umol TE/serving
- Oregano, dried (1 tsp) - 3602 umol TE/serving
- Tumeric (1 tsp) - 3602 umol TE/serving
- Curry Powder (1 tsp) - 970 umol TE/serving
- Ginger Powder (1 tsp) - 519 umol TE/serving
- Thyme, dried (1 tsp) - 407 umol TE/serving
- Paprika (1 tsp) - 376 umol TE/serving
- Rosemary (1 tsp) - 364 umol TE/serving
What is the significance of the ORAC value of foods and spices?
The higher the ORAC value, the more benefit from the food. The ORAC value means the foods ability to scavenge free radicals in our bodies that cause disease. Free radicals form in our bodies from the exposure to environmental toxins, lack of sleep, exercise, stress, poor food quality such as artificial sweeteners and processed foods, etc.